stripped drain plug thread fix
Vehicles are staying on the road longer. The reason is that customers are taking better care of their vehicles. Drain Plugs come in stripped, so we offer a stripped drain plug thread fix.We also see this at our partner company Wilson Imports and Domestics. We often discover these leaks when routine maintenance is performed on a customer’s vehicle.
- motor oil change – an oil change is most typical type of preventative maintenance . When a technician discovers that the drain plug threads have been damaged usually an engine oil pan or transmission pan or casing replacement are recommended. This type of repair we feel is expensive and not always necessary.
- trans fluid leak (transmission) – transmissions come in leaking all the time. If the drain bolt on the case is still intact
- (because it is made of harder material) a stripped drain plug thread fix is in order.
- oversized self tapping bolts – damage the pan or case and leave imperfect thread not to mention larger chards of metal that get into the oil sump.
- thread repair – there are a number of ways to repair damaged thread. The system we discovered is better than anything we’ve used thus far. The process of restoring the thread uses a more durable insert which is counter-sunk into the housing making a more durable replacement thread. The new thread works with the original bolt and is well suited for frequent removal and tightening.
- transmission fluid change – automatic transmissions that need a pan service have a drain bolt or pan bolts. Either way these bolts or transmission oil pan gasket bolts may have damaged thread causing fluid leaks. The same repair process applies to these type of bolts.
- below are demonstrations of stripped drain plug thread fix.
In conclusion, both Wilson imports and Domestics and Super Premium Transmission fix damaged motor and transmission plug threads We offer our services to retail and wholesale customers seeking super premium repairs at fair prices.
5114 Hwy 6 North, Houston, TX, 77084